Marketing your nail business and creating a brand value is important, having a good online reputation is equally important. So, even if you fall short on these two factors, one way to easily make up for them is by having a lot of great online reviews about your business.
Are online reviews really important?
Yes! It can get you business and also take it from you too.
Online reviews are modern day referrals, so having a good number of them readily available for your audience to see, is a great way to stand out from your competitors. No matter what you do for marketing, people will always trust what is said about you more than what you say.
Now, getting a negative review is a sensitive situation and has to be dealt with a lot of caution and strategy. There are more chances of getting things wrong if your customer thinks her review isn’t being acknowledged well. You can handle a negative review with grace and tactics by reacting to the review in a calm and professional manner.
Here Are 7 Ways to React Professionally to a Negative Review
1. Stay calm A negative review can be tough to swallow and you may feel angry or defensive. You end up reacting emotionally if you were not expecting the review to be so poor. Resist the urge to get upset or yell. Instead, try to stay calm and collected. Much easier said here.
2. Listen closely to the feedback Though it may be difficult to read to the review, try to pay attention to what the reviewer or the customer has to say. This will allow you to identify and address the issue later.
3. Accept the review Be professional and accept the feedback in the review. Refusing to own up to the review will only show the reviewer or the customer that you are not willing to work on your issues or try to improve.
4. Take the review as a learning opportunity As a nail professional, you should try to see every review from your customers as a way to learn and expand your business. Responding to a negative review with maturity and care will allow you to keep your customers happy and ensure they remain loyal to you. Never delete a bad review, as that is something that will come back to bite you later.
5. Identify possible issues you can address now Now, consider any issues in the review that you can address right away. You may be able to come up with a solution to the negative review by taking a few steps to improve the customer experience. Or, you may offer a solution to the customer to help address their issues.
6. Respond to the review with appreciation You may ask clarifying questions, such as “How do you feel we can improve next time?” or “How could we do better in the future?” You should do so concisely and with appreciation. You want to come off as sincere and thankful that the customer has provided you with feedback in your response.
7. Offer the customer as incentive If you feel your business really failed the customer, you should try to offer the customer an incentive to use your business or product again. This may be a complementary product on their next visit or a discount on a service that you offer. Try to make it up to the customer in a concrete way, as this will show them that you take customer reviews seriously.
People are not looking for perfection online. What they’re really looking for is humanity and a genuine response, so a negative review can be a great opportunity to respond in a positive and transparent manner. And that has a great impact on all your customers. Rather than focussing on getting the review deleted or amended, take action to solve the underlying problem. This will help your customers love you more.
Ever had issues while handling negative reviews? Let us know in the comments below.